BA(Psych) GradDipPsych MAPS
Jacqueline Gerber is a highly qualified Registered Psychologist and Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS). She has more than 30 years of experience in individual, couple and family counselling in community welfare and in private medical practices. Jacqueline has specialist skills in mental health, child protection, adolescent issues, domestic violence, criminal justice and worker’s compensation matters. She has written award winning resources that focus on developing healthy relationships and acknowledges prevention and early intervention for children and adults alike in their pathways to education, career and life goals. With her warm, relaxed style and professionalism, Jacqueline brings maturity, knowledge and wisdom in her ability to relate to people with ease, trust and confidence, to assist them in building a foundation of positive life skills. Jacqueline will provide you with an individual counselling program tailored to your needs and strengths that will equip you with practical strategies to enhance your mental health, daily functioning and general wellbeing.
Clinical specialties for individuals, couples and families include Psycho-education, CBT and Mindfulness in:
- Anxiety and excessive worrying
- Stress management
- Eating disorders
- Grief and loss
- Pregnancy, loss and infertility
- Domestic violence and abuse (including protective behaviours training)
- Anger management
- Relationship enhancement or conflict
- Parenting information and workshops
- Child and adolescent issues (including identity, life story work, separation/attachment issues, bullying, resilience, assertiveness and educational support)
- Life adjustments including study, career, workplace and relocation changes
- Wellbeing issues in ageing, health, lifestyle and cross culturally
- Worker’s compensation and insurance approved counselling, assessment and psychological management plans
- Medicare and private health rebates available. WorkCover approved Psychologist.
Flexible appointments available including after hours and weekends.
Telephone: 0481 348 881
Medicare Provider No: 4665696W