Have you had your flu shot yet?
Dr Alexander recommends Fluquadri, over the more widely available flu vaccines available. This is because it protects against all four strains of influenza virus prevalent in the 2015 flu season:
- A/California/07/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus (A/California/07/2009 X-179A)
- A/Switzerland/9715293/2013 (H3N2)-like virus (A/South Australia/55/2014 IVR-175)
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Phuket/3073/2013; Yamagata lineage)
- B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus (B/Brisbane/60/2008; Victoria lineage)
She says the vaccine is important for the following people:
– People over the age of 65
– Pregnant women
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
– Health care workers
– People with chronic respiratory conditions including asthma and COPD
– Patients with chronic heart conditions such as coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure
– Sufferers of chronic renal failure
– People with chronic neurological conditions
– Those with impaired immunity e.g. HIV positive patients and those on long term steroid therapy
McMahons Point Health has stocks of FluQuadri ready to go. Avoid the inconvenience of seeing the doctor twice by coming to us so we can give you the vaccine at your first appointment.
Stay well this winter by getting your flu vaccine now!